8.11.2011

maybe not?

I haven’t been posting. And that’s not like me, but it’s pretty indicative of my current life. I was always motivated to continue working on what I had started, to get to completion and accomplishment. The theme of my life lately has been giving up the things I thought I would be able to continue doing, and this may just be one of them.

I haven’t been terribly motivated to write lately. And that’s kind of weird for me. It had been my solace, my connection to others, my “friend” when I lived in a place without friends around. And now that my Mountain Man isn’t commuting 3 hours a day I find myself with less time. Since I’m closer to friends I have been seeing them occasionally, which is taking up a bit of time. Since we’re better able to really search for a home we’ve been spending a lot of time on that, as well. All of that has left me with less time to write and a lack of motivation to make room in the day.

I still feel like I have a lot I want to say. I still feel like I may be working toward a book. I still like the idea of the connections I built through blogging. But I also feel like it may not be the best use of my time right now.

So I guess this is fair warning that posts may become sporadic or cease. I may write and write and write and never post. I might find motivation again as soon as we get this house hunt settled. I don’t know. It isn’t like me to quit something that I’ve chosen to take on without putting in a lot of time and effort.

But that has seemed to have been the theme for me this past year, so I guess I should go with it. I don’t want to post a lot of insubstantial yammering because I don’t have the energy to really write. I don’t have the energy (and never really had all that much interest) in the blog promotion side of it.

If you want to get all the updates (if they happen) put me in your reader. I promise, if I don’t have anything to say I won’t bother you!

Thanks for being along on the ride… this could be a blip or  a splat. We’ll find out together.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...