6.22.2011

little feet

I’ve been making imprints of the Pie’s little feet every month since she was born. Although I think that second & third month got away from me… not sure how two whole months could have gone by without being able to make a footprint.

Here are her most recent foot prints.
10 month feet
I got a perfect set on the first try. Unheard of!

I have a little shadow-box project in mind for when I get those 12-month feet. It’s almost here. I can’t believe it.

Those are some big ol’ feet.

It’s hard for me to imagine that those are the very feet I could feel just a few months ago, kicking me in the ribs. And the bladder. At the same time.

Those little feet love to walk around the house and the yard, love to be dirty and to be in water. They are great for moving and kicking and wiggling. They are never covered for more than a moment. No sock, shoe, bootie or footie can contain those little feet.

Those little feet sleep curled up against my belly or on my thigh, or one on me and one on the Mountain Man. Sometimes one on each belly, sometimes one on each face. But always, always touching.

I need to go kiss those feet now.

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea to take footprints every month. I can't wait to see the final product.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's a fabulous idea! i wish i could go back in time. i keep seeing cool ideas (similar) but they only really work if you start at the beginning, you know?

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this. I posed my two sons (only in a diaper) with the same stuffed elephant (as a prop for perspective) every month and took a photo. At 9-10 months, they would no longer lay next to the stuffed animal, they would crawl away. Glad I have those photos! :)

    best,
    MOV

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could go back in time and re-coup those couple of months that I missed while walking around in a delirious sleepless poopy haze. But I think the project will be ok without those prints, and if nothing else it is an honest account of those early months of parenting... when there is time for nothing but surviving.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...