4.29.2011

Loganism of the Week

The Mountain Man and I were talking about friendships, how some are self-serving, others are complicated, still others are simple. We were talking about the self-serving friendships, and how it’s best to just eliminate those people from our lives.

And after having just watched an episode of Oprah (it was for research, I swear) I thought out loud: “ wonder how Oprah can possibly have friends who have not at some time tried to take advantage of her position or money”

To which the Mountain man said:

If I was friends with Oprah, I wouldn’t take advantage of her. As long as she bought the camping supplies.

He has no idea that Oprah went camping once, he’s just anticipating that as friends, Oprah would be interested in participating in his hobbies as well.

CIMG5255

2 comments:

  1. well, duh! of course Oprah is interested in his hobbies! how else would she have gotten so famous if she was not compassionate and sharing and helpful to everyone else?

    If this is meant as a fill-in-the-blank exercise, then my contribution is: If I was friends with Oprah, I wouldn't take advantage of her, as long as she took me out to expensive lunches that included dessert.

    By the way, I LOVE YOUR BLOG!!! GREAT WRITING!!! GREAT TOPICS!!!

    best,
    MOV

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I was friends with Oprah, I wouldn't take advantage of her, as long as she didn't mind me walking around her house in my PJs and eating all the leftovers.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...