4.28.2011

blueberry almond ricotta muffins

What do you do with an extra tub of ricotta? I made a lasagna, I made a ricotta chicken bake, and still… there was ricotta.

I decided to make muffins.DSC_1275 DSC_1287 DSC_1293
Combine:
  • 1.5 c flour
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 tsp baking powder
Combine:
  • 1/3 cup
  • 5 tbsp whole milk
  • 2 tbsp almond extract
  • 1 egg
  • 3/4 cup ricotta
Mix wet & dry combinations, until combined. Don’t overmix. Fold in 1.5 cups blueberries (I used frozen thawed berries)
Fill prepared muffin tin 3/4 full.
Sprinkle with combination of:
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 2 tbsp flour
  • pat of butter
Bake for 26-30 minutes at 375 until top of muffins are lightly browned and a knife comes out clean. Let cool on rack for 20 minutes before unmolding.

These come out moist and slightly sweet. The almond extract can be swapped out for vanilla, the blueberries for any berry. You can make them with or without the topping. I imagine they’ll be yummy no matter how you modify!

The Mountain Man enjoyed these for breakfast for a few days. He happened to have the trifecta that week - homemade muffins, biscuits & bread. He talks about it in his sleep. I think it was his best week ever.

2 comments:

  1. Yummy! I had some meyer lemons and buttermilk lying around so this morning I made lemon pancakes. I love those days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum yum! I've never done lemon pancakes, but it sounds really good. I don't think I can convince the Mountain Man though - he does not like lemon in anything baked or sweet. (more lemon bars for me!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...