11.07.2010

Without a plan

Funny how some days can begin without a plan, and turn into busy, super-scheduled days where chaos can spring from around any corner.

A quick trip to drop off some paperwork to my co-worker turned into a 3-hour visit & meeting. Then, since I was close, I decided to make a quick run into Costco. It was not so quick, and kind of expensive, but it was so late in the day that I was willing to forfeit my post-shopping Polish at the Costco cafe! After Costco I decided it was finally time to buy the wrist braces Logan has been pestering me to get. I have tendonitis in both wrists since about 3 weeks after Pie came along, and loading the Costco boxes into the car did me in. So I went to Target. And while I was there, I had a return to make at a store in the same shopping center…

Finally we got home, I began unpacking the groceries and unloading the dishwasher when I got a call from the ED at the organization I volunteer with. The grant that was due in a couple hours hadn’t been completed. So, with the milk still out on the counter, I ran to the computer to begin working.

Now it’s time to start dinner – but I need to finish putting away the groceries and load the dishwasher. And Pie needs some attention from me – she was passed around a lot at the office but hasn’t gotten her snuggle time.

I wish I had had more time to write the grant, to fold the laundry piling up on the couch, to clean up, relax, maybe take a shower. But today I can just hope that I get through the things that need to be done. The laundry will be there tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. here I am nursing and flipping through your archives and ha ve to say me too with the wrists. did braces help? just ones from target, really? my right wrist keeps getting worse, ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the braces helped a bit. my wrists are still bad, but now instead og constant excruciating pain I have only intermittent excruciating pain, usually when I twist while bearing weight. The braces I got were just carpel-tunnel braces which won't really fix tendinitis, but the immobility and additional support was helpful. I wore then all the time for a few days, then half the day and all night for a few days, then just at night, and now only occasionally. Worth it, I think.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...