11.17.2010

Sitting Pie

I know this is fake sitting, but the thing about being a mama is that I get to pretend that when I prop her up on the couch…

DSC_0232 (Medium)

or plop her on her bum on the floor…

DSC_0371 (Medium)

or on the couch with the cat…

DSC_0365

she’s doing it herself. Ok so she was holding on to my shirt in that last one, but really, she’s sitting.

Last night she sat through an entire Board meeting with me, and even voted to approve new Board members! She voted twice for one of the candidates, but we won’t tell.

She sits through committee meetings and phone conferences with me. She sits with me while I’m visiting with friends or eating dinner. She sits with me while I send emails and write grants.

I wonder if you can put that on a resume?

Baby Pie’s Resume

Knowledgeable in:

  • Robert’s Rules of Order
  • Grassroots Development practice & strategy
  • Coordinating Vaudeville shows
  • Marketing & Sponsorships

Skills include:

  • Snuggling
  • Smiling
  • Batting at toys
  • Fluency in Fuss
  • Efficient processing & expulsion of waste
  • Drooling
  • Cuteness
  • Fake sitting

Today little Pie needs to be held. She won’t sleep on her own and she’s fussy. And that’s OK, she’s getting over a cold, and it’s been a hectic week. Mama hasn’t gotten much done this week with all the sitting we’ve been doing. We’ve got lots of work to do around the house, for Rock Camp and for Moisture Fest. But for now we’ll sit and listen to the rain and try not to think about the gutters that didn’t get cleaned out on time.

And you would think that all this sitting would wear a kid out. But not my Pie. She’s a sitting machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...